Our penultimate escorted tour for 2016 is entering its final few days.
After a 35-day tour travelling through the Northern Territories and down the coastline of Western Australia, the group will have made many lifelong memories on this spectacular trip!
This escorted tour has remarkable diversity, is one of our favourite routes and also one of our longer road trips, of which is necessary, in order to take in the enormity of just how much this country has to offer!
If you’re planning a road trip such as this one, then you might want to consider tying it in with wildflower season, which usually runs from June in the north until November if you’re down south of Perth. WA is renowned worldwide for its spectacular display of flowers!
The wildflowers have been spectacular through the Pilbara and down the WA coastline so far this year. So many different species from orchids to regular old weeds that has the countryside ablaze with colour.
The highlights of this tour have been:-
- Setting off from Darwin and cruised south towards Litchfield National Park – where they got to swim in amongst stunning scenery, explore a range of walks and see the giant termite mounds
- Staying at several working cattle stations and learning about life in the Outback
- Checking out crocodiles and other magnificent wildlife seen on this route
- Visiting the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park and enjoying a dawn cruise on the Yellow Waters
- A hot soak at the Mataranka thermal springs
- Sunset cruise on Lake Argyle – the stage set for breath taking pictures!
- Boat cruise up the famous Katherine Gorge and also at Geikie Gorge
- Exploring Derby and a 4WD tour of Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- A three-night stopover in Broome
- Karijini National Park tour
- Relaxing at the world’s largest coral fringing reef – the Ningaloo Reef and enjoying a glass bottom boat cruise and snorkelling experience
- And finally before arriving in Perth they’ll be heading north along the coastline and turquoise waters of WA and stopping to explore the wildflowers, Kalbarri National Park, the Pinnacles and the interesting coastal towns along the way!
All this, heaps more and not to mention the memories and friends they’ve made along the way!