Join us in either your motorhome, caravan or hire a motorhome with us, on this exciting guided tag along tour from the tropical and lush Top End, into the remote and rugged Kimberley region before emerging to the resort town of Broome with its red rock and turquoise waters.
Experience iconic National Parks like the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park and Litchfield National Park. So many extras packed into this tour with a 4WD trip to the Bungle Bungles, Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek in the remote and rugged Kimberleys along with a station stay. You’ve got loads of boat cruises to get up close and personal with nature in the Kakadu NP, Katherine Gorge, and Geikie Gorge and of course the sunset cruise at Argyle Dam!
Great chance to see the staircase to the moon phenomenon in Broome!
You will experience the local characters, fun evenings around the campfire, stunning and diverse scenery and discover hidden gems that you would not otherwise get to see and do.
This trip gives confidence to first time motorhomers, peace of mind knowing you will be pre-booked into all the must see highlights plus a sense of camaraderie that travelling with a group provides.
- Discover World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park – You’ll enjoy a dawn cruise at Yellow Waters in Kakadu’s most famous wetland, with the big salty crocs being a sight to remember and the abundant bird life. Aboriginal culture and rock art along with a variety of wildlife is all part of the Kakadu experience. (cruise incl)
- Stay on a working cattle station in the NT with a 4WD Sunset Tour and dinner (incl)
- Visit Litchfield National Park with its range of walks, swimming spots and giant termite mounds
- Check out the Jumping Crocs (incl) and beautiful wetlands teeming with birdlife
- Enjoy a morning cruise up the famous Katherine Gorge (cruise incl)
- Soak in the Thermal Springs at Mataranka
- Be amazed by the ever changing landscape of Australia’s largest body of fresh water, Lake Argyle. You’ll enjoy a sunset tour with a very enjoyable ‘happy hour’ on the water. (incl)
- Everyone talks about the Bungle Bungles and you’ll be going there! We’ve organised a full 4WD day trip for you to experience another jewel in the Kimberley crown. Some may also like to do a helicopter ride (not incl) for a different perspective. We’d suggest pre-booking this with us to avoid disappointment if this is on your bucket list.
- Enjoy a boat cruise at the Geikie Gorge (incl)
- Explore Derby and a 4WD day tour of Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek (incl)
- Three nights in Broome, giving two full days to explore this stunning resort town, with a history as colourful as the landscape. To give you as much flexibility as possible, we have not included any paid attractions in Broome, as some like to do the Horizontal Falls. This is costly and not for everyone and will need to be pre-booked. There are also a large range of other flights, fishing trips, 4WD trips and the Pearl Farm tour. We’ll provide separate details on the Broome attractions (incl low cost/free) and would highly recommend pre-booking to avoid disappointment. We feel this gives you the greatest flexibility and value for money – we do include one of the must-do’s in Broome, which is sundowners at Cable Beach.
- Learn more about WWII history and experience the vibrant multicultural city of Darwin (we suggest adding on an extra couple of days at the start of your holiday to see more of Darwin City from a city hotel or getting your camper if hiring, earlier; subject to availability)
Our tag along tours provide you with the ultimate in flexibility.
If you already own your own motorhome or caravan in Australia, you’re welcome to use this. If you don’t, then you can hire through us. We have a range of options to suit your needs and budget, plus you can choose your preferred insurance option – we would highly recommend taking the highest cover for peace of mind. Let us know if you’d like to see some costing. Most clients find that after they’ve learnt the tips of motorhome travel in this area from our tour leaders, they are comfortable to continue on from Broome to Perth on their own. We can provide you with quotes on hiring a motorhome which can be returned to Perth, back to Darwin or Broome (AU$750 surcharge applies if returning to Broome).
- Experienced Tour Leaders
- Many inclusions/entrance fees to must see attractions enroute
- All campsites including cattle stations and other great locations
- National Park Entrance Fees and Permits
- A sense of adventure and camaraderie; Happy Hours encouraged
- Two Way Radio provided for duration of tour
- Wildlife experiences
- Some group dinners and a group breakfast/lunch when on day tours
- Flexibility and time to stop and see other points of interest enroute
- Extensive tour notes, local information and points of interest to ensure you don’t miss anything (yours to keep)
- Motorhome (BYO or hire through us)
- Airfares (to Darwin and from Broome)
- All fuel and LP Gas
- Food and drink except where stated
What Our Customers Say
A rather belated thank you for helping to make our Darwin to Perth trip through June and July so successful with your vehicle organisation and good advice. We did enjoy the immense variety on the journey. Every day was different and full of interest. The landscape, the history, the geology, the beaches, the birdlife, the heat, the people we met en-route, and the sparsity of flies – Jonathon Pascoe – NZ
Gallivanting Oz are a very professional, knowledgeable, competent and friendly company. They were pleasure to deal with – Margaret & Fraser