We’re very excited to announce that our first Motorhome Tour of 2016 is setting off from Perth today!
Bags packed and engines at the ready, our escorted motorhome tour from Perth to Darwin is setting off on a 35 day adventure with Jean and Dave from Gallivanting Oz leading the way.
On this trip we’ll be introducing our travelling companions to amazing sites that most Australians never get to see. Their tour highlights are:
- Leaving Perth they’ll head north along the stunning coastline and turquoise waters of WA stopping to explore the Pinnacles, Kalbarri National Park and the interesting coastal towns
- Enjoying a cruise at Monkey Mia to see a Pearl Farm and wildlife spotting including the sponge dolphin and the maybe even a Dugong!
- Spending time at the world’s largest coral fringing reef, the Ningaloo Reef with a glass bottom boat and snorkelling experience as well as a boat cruise at Yardie Creek. They’ll get plenty of time to relax and swim/snorkel in the Cape Range National Park
- We’ve included a Karijini National Park tour so they can see the beauty of these deep red gorges that are hidden away on an unsealed road, plus check out the iron ore mining in this area
- Three nights in Broome which coincides with the famous ‘Staircase to the Moon’ and night markets
- Exploring Derby and a 4WD day tour of Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- Enjoying a boat cruise at the Geikie Gorge
- Everyone talks about the Bungle Bungles so they’ll be going there to enjoy a full 4WD day trip so they can experience another jewel in the Kimberley crown
- They’ll be amazed by the ever changing landscape of Australia’s largest body of fresh water, Lake Argyle. They’ll get to enjoy a sunset tour which ends with ‘happy hour’ on the water
- Soak in the Thermal Springs at Mataranka
- Cruise to the famous Katherine Gorge
- World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park – dawn cruise at Yellow Waters in Kakadu’s most famous wetland, with the big salty crocs being a sight to remember and the abundant birdlife. Aboriginal culture and rock art along with a variety of wildlife is all part of the Kakadu experience
- Checking out the Jumping Crocs and beautiful wetlands that will be teeming with birds at this time of the year
- Staying on a working cattle station in the NT with a 4WD Sunset Tour and BBQ dinner
- Visit Litchfield National Park with its range of walks, swimming spots and giant termite mounds finishing off with a final night BBQ bash
- After 35 glorious days on the road they’ll reach Darwin where they’ll learn more about WWII history and experience this vibrant multi-cultural city
What you can expect on our escorted Motorhome Tours
Our tours of Australia are escorted by members of our team and include a premium motorhome with the highest level of insurance, all campground fees, entrance fees into many must see attractions and even the odd evening meal is provided.
All our tours are provided with detailed travel notes, maps and driving instructions provided.
During the day we find that most like to explore on their own, in small groups or you’re welcome to hang on to our tour leaders exhaust pipe, it’s up to you! We’ll make sure you know how to find the areas and activities that are matched with your interests, or we’ll have you booked in on a scheduled activity to better see the region we’re travelling through. Every evening the group catch up at the night’s destination and share tales of the days adventure at ‘happy hour’ which could be around the camp fire, or overlooking a beautiful vista. We get fabulous feedback on our tours – even on the longer days of driving that the tour leaders will have something up their sleeve keep it fun.
These tours aim to provide you with a great mix of adventure, the outdoors, sightseeing, relaxing and socialising and are perfect for first time motorhomers or those more experienced which prefer the camaraderie of group travel. Because there are so many inclusions, the tours are great value for money with no concern about missing any of the fabulous must sees.
We also have a range of packaged holidays if you’d prefer the comfort of touring Australia with a group of likeminded people at the same pace, like our escorted tours. The difference with the packaged holidays is that there is no Gallivanting Oz team member on the road with you.
These tours also include a premium motorhome with the highest level of insurance, all campgrounds, entrance fees into many attractions (important as activities can book out quickly on some tour routes) and again some of the evening meals.