It’s been a busy winter for Gallivanting Oz and our tour leaders Jean and Dave, as they set off on our 4th escorted tour this year.
On Friday, (17 July 2016) we set off with a new group of excited Gallivanters who were ready and raring to go and tour this 4,000km cross country adventure.
Over their 19-day escorted tour, they’ll start off at Brisbane and will travel through the picturesque Outback working their way up to the tropical Top End and finish up in Darwin.
Their tour highlights will include:
- Setting off from Brisbane and heading west to the ‘must do’ Queensland Outback with its charming people, brilliant red colours and a sky that reaches all the way to the horizon
- World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park – where they’ll enjoy a dawn cruise at Yellow Waters in Kakadu’s most famous wetland, with the big salty crocs being a sight to remember and the abundant birdlife. Aboriginal culture and rock art along with a variety of wildlife is all part of the Kakadu experience
- They’ll visit Litchfield National Park with its multitude of short and longer walks, swimming spots and giant termite mounds
- Enjoy a morning cruise up the famous Katherine Gorge
- The award winning Hard Times Mine Tour at Mt Isa, shows what life is like in an underground mine, both the good and hard times
- Soak in the Thermal Springs at Mataranka
- Take a thrilling ride on a stagecoach, reliving the pioneer days along the old mail route
- Experience the outback pub at Middleton, a remnant of a bygone era
- Spend a fun evening at the famous outback pub at Daly Waters
- Entry included into the award winning Stockman’s Halls of Fame at Longreach which will give them an understanding of the rich history of the outback life
- Enjoy an Outback Show complete with yarns, horse tricks and catch tunes
- Visit Australia’s last remaining steam driven Woolscour and see hot water coming straight out of the ground
- Stay on stations and enjoy a tour at Mount Bundy (NT) and Bonus Downs (Qld) to learn more about farming life in the outback
- Experience Winton, the birthplace of the song Waltzing Matilda
- Learn about the famed and spooky Min Min Lights at Boulia
- They’ll finish up in Darwin and will get to learn about WWII history and experience this vibrant multi-cultural city
What to expect on our escorted motorhome tours
The main attraction for these tours is that you are escorted by members of the Gallivanting Oz team during the duration of the tour. Your home during your adventure will be a premium motorhome which will include the highest level of insurance, entrance fees to the must attractions, all campground fees and even some of the evening meals.
You’ll be provided with detailed tour notes, driving instructions and maps.
It is then up to you to decide how you want to spend your day travelling. We have found that during the day most Gallivanters like to explore on their own, break off into small groups or hang off our tour leaders exhaust pipe if they’re feeling a little less confident, it’s up to you!
We make sure you know how to find the areas and activities that are matched with your interests, or we’ll have you booked in on a scheduled activity to better see the region we’re travelling through. Every evening the group normally catch up at that night’s destination and regale the days adventure at ‘happy hour’ which could be around the camp fire or overlooking a beautiful vista. This is often a highlight for many.
Our escorted tours aim to provide a great mix of adventure, the outdoors, sightseeing, relaxing and socialising and are perfect for first time motorhomers or those more experienced which prefer the camaraderie of group travel. Because there are so many inclusions, the tours are great value for money with no concern about missing any of the fabulous must sees.
All our 2016 tours are all booked but we have more tours happening next year. Tasmania (Feb 2017) is ready to take bookings and we have more tours to add soon. If you’d like to find out more information on our up and coming tours, please get in touch with us and we’d be happy to send you some details hot off the press!