This is the first of our two Darwin to Perth tours this year. See tour #2 if these dates don’t suit. This tour also has the option to combine with our Perth to Adelaide tour, so if you just love the whole camper travel experience, why not extend your visit and add on the Perth to Adelaide tour that sets off on the 19th August.
Join us as we travel from the lush and tropical Top End, with iconic national parks, through the dramatic red gorges to the stunning WA coastline of turquoise waters with pristine beaches. The highlights will keep on coming. You will experience the local characters, fun evenings around the campfire, magnificent and diverse scenery, encounter amazing wildlife and discover hidden gems that you would never otherwise get to see.
We’ve included 4WD tours to the Bungle Bungle Range, Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek in the remote and rugged Kimberleys as well as Karijini National Park and a sunset tour on a NT station. Great chance to see the magnificent WA in bloom. There’s loads of boat cruises to get up close and personal with nature in the world heritage listed Kakadu NP, Katherine Gorge, Monkey Mia, glass bottom boat at Coral Bay, sunset at Argyle Dam plus more!
This escorted tour with Gallivanting Oz has remarkable diversity and is one of our most popular.
- Explore the Kimberleys with time in Broome, Derby and on boat and 4WD tours into wild and remote places such as Tunnel Creek, Windjana Gorge the Bungle Bungles and Geikie Gorge.
- You’ll love the brilliant red gorges at Karijini National Park, WA.
- The World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park is everyone’s favourite and the dawn boat cruise in Yellow Water will ensure you see it at its best.
- Other boat cruises included at Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge), NT and Monkey Mia, WA and the sunset cruise on Argyle Dam is sure to impress!
- We start our tour in Darwin, where you can learn more about WWII history and experience this vibrant multi-cultural city (we suggest adding on an extra couple of days prior to see more of Darwin City from a city hotel or picking up your motorhome earlier)
- Visit breathtaking Litchfield National Park with its range of walks, swimming spots and giant termite mounds
- Stay on a working cattle station in the NT, station hosts will give you a talk about the sites interesting history and enjoy an evening dinner around the campfire
- Lots of opportunity to check out the beautiful wetlands that will be teeming with birds at this time of the year
- Take a magical dawn cruise at Yellow Water in World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park’s most famous wetland, with abundant birdlife and the big salty crocs being a sight to remember! Aboriginal culture and rock art with a huge diversity of wildlife is all part of the Kakadu experience (cruise incl)
- Enjoy a morning cruise up the famous Katherine Gorge (cruise incl) before a relaxing soak in the Thermal Springs at Mataranka
- Be amazed by the ever changing landscape of Australia’s largest body of fresh water, Lake Argyle. You’ll enjoy a sunset tour which ends with ‘happy hour’ on the water (incl)
- Everyone talks about the Bungle Bungle Range and you’ll be going there! Enjoy a full 4WD day trip (incl) for you to experience another jewel in the Kimberley crown. Some may also like to do a helicopter ride (not incl) for a different perspective
- Enjoy a boat cruise at Geikie Gorge (incl) and learn about the rich indigenous history and culture
- Explore the ancient Mimbi Caves with a local Indigenous guide.
- Explore Derby and a 4WD day tour of Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek (incl)
- Three nights in Broome to explore this stunning resort town, with a history as colourful as the landscape! This is free time, allowing you to choose your own adventure – explore town, take a sunset camel ride, indulge in a flight to the Horizontal Waterfall or a 4WD tour to stunning Cape Leveque (activity prices/details will be provided pre-tour, book early to avoid disappointment). As a trip to Broome wouldn’t be complete without watching a Kimberley sunset at world-famous Cable Beach, on the last night in Broome, we’ll take you to the perfect vantage point to enjoy it – complete with sundowners and gourmet nibbles (incl)!
- We’ve included a Karijini National Park tour so you can experience the spectacular deep red gorges, hidden away in this remote outback pocket and later, a fascinating tour of a gigantic Open Cut Iron Ore Mine (incl)
- Spend time at the coral fringing Ningaloo Reef with a glass bottom boat and snorkelling experience as well as a boat cruise at Yardie Creek (incl). Plenty of time to relax and swim/snorkel in the Cape Range National Park
- Enjoy a campfire under starry skies at an outback cattle station
- Visit the stromatolites (Earth’s oldest living organisms) at Hamelin Pool and Shell Beach made from billions of tiny white shells
- Enjoy a cruise at Monkey Mia to interact with amazing marine life including the dolphins and maybe even a Dugong! (incl)
- Detour to Lesueur National Park for a spectacular wildflower display. See Hutt Lagoon, one of WA’s famous pink lakes!
- The last few days heading into Perth along the stunning coastline and turquoise waters of WA give a chance to explore the Kalbarri National Park including Natures Window, the Pinnacles and the interesting coastal towns
- To start and finish this amazing journey on a high, we include dinner on these nights plus have regular group meals/happy hours along the way
Detailed travel notes, maps and driving instructions provided. While this is an escorted tour we encourage you to explore at your own pace during the day with the support of our tour escorts close at hand. You’ll love the camaraderie of our small group tours (max 8 motorhomes) with plenty of flexibility and inclusions, it’s no wonder we continually receive rave reviews. At Gallivanting Oz, we know it’s the small details that make all the difference.
What Our Customers Say
All the headache of organising our holiday was taken care of by Gallivanting Oz. No worries about anything and the tour leaders are brilliant. Recommend to anyone – Peter and Carolyn, 2018 Perth to Darwin Escorted Tour
Very friendly and supportive, excellent organisation throughout the tour. Very attentive. A great trip, thank you all! Roger and Tessa, 2018 Perth to Darwin Escorted Tour