Join us on this popular escorted motorhome holiday to Tassie including visits to Bruny Island, the Gordon River system and surrounds near Strahan. Checkout the picturesque lakes, waterfalls and local produce as we meander on our lap of the island. You’ll love the day around Cradle Mountain before heading to the northern coast were you’ll have a chance to see the little penguins coming ashore.
There’s time to explore the beautifully situated wineries plus if you’re an oyster lover like us, you’ll be in your element. Travelling the east coast we’ve included a boat trip to see the picture perfect wine glass bay in Freycinet National Park.
Spend time discovering more about the convict history at Port Arthur plus the nearby interesting coastline. We’ll even give you an opportunity to check out a Tasmanian Devil plus other local wildlife.
- Take your motorhome on the ferry (incl) to Bruny Island where you’ll see pristine beaches, delicious local produce, remote coastline and wildlife in its natural habitat – maybe you’ll even spot a white wallaby!
- You’ll love the spectacular experience on the West Coast Wilderness Railway (incl) through rainforest and steep gorges as you’re spoilt with morning tea and a light lunch from your wilderness carriage.
- Experience the scenic and interesting Gordon River by boat (incl) which includes a mix of history as you visit the convict island, Sarah Island, enjoy stunning scenery and have a wander around the ancient forests.
- Take a boat cruise (incl) around the Freycinet Peninsular to one of the world’s best beaches at Wineglass Bay. On the way see the rugged coastline and marvel at the wildlife before anchoring in the picturesque bay for your Tasmanian Ploughman’s lunch.
- Learn more about Tasmanian’s convict history – you’ll have an introductory guided tour of the Port Arthur site (incl) which includes a harbour cruise, plus time for you to explore the historic buildings and learn more about the area at your leisure.
- Discover ‘the Nut’ at Stanley as you ride the chairlift (incl) to this interesting land formation for spectacular views.
- We’ve picked campgrounds (incl) that give a great experience as well as a place to stay – we’ve even found one where you’ll have the chance to see the little penguins come ashore.
- Plenty of time to explore Cradle Mountain National park, including the shuttle to the start of the walks. A large range of shorter and longer options to suit different abilities.
- Check out the famous ‘Wall in the Wilderness’ (incl) where the wood carving will amaze you.
- Explore the Marakoopa Cave (incl) to see the underground rivers and Glow worms – caters for all levels of fitness.
- There’s loads of other inclusions like visiting a wildlife park to see the Tasmanian Devil and a chairlift ride at Cataract Gorge near Launceston plus more
- The tour starts and finishes in Hobart – there’s some time to explore the highlights but you may like extra time in Hobart City itself.
What Our Customers Say
The pre-trip information and correspondence was excellent. The Tour Book, plus everything organised and pre-booked made for a great experience and the tour leaders were exceptional – Dave & Shirl Murray, Tasmania 2016 Escorted Tour
Excellent, helpful, caring Tour Leaders who spoiled us with heaps of little local treats along the way, much appreciated – Lynne & Keith Cheyne, Tasmania 2016 Escorted Tour