This tour showcases the incredible contrast that Australia has to offer, taking you from rolling green hills and picturesque wine regions in the south, into the Outback with its wide-open spaces and Aussie bush characters, through the vast deserts of the Red Centre, home to iconic Uluru (Ayres Rock) before heading north to the lush, tropical ‘Top End’ to explore the magnificent Kakadu National Park.
Discover the feeling of freedom as you take on the mighty ‘Explorer’s Highway’, leading you from one end of Australia to the other.
Enjoy world-famous wine regions, dig for opals in an underground town, see dry lakes made of salt, deserted telegraph stations and a former top-secret nuclear testing site in the middle of nowhere! Be blown away by monumental landscapes and breathtaking views. Experience the incredible isolation of endless red soil plains, remote cattle stations and the awe-inspiring desert night sky. Take in Australia’s unique wildlife and flora. Absorb the ancient Aboriginal culture. Bushwalk, soak in thermal springs, see anthills taller than yourself, explore ancient cave systems, swim beneath a tropical waterfall, and sit around a crackling fire with new friends and share all of your stories!
- Starting in Adelaide meander through the picturesque Adelaide Hills and world renowned wine regions like the Barossa Valley, equally famed for its scenery and fine local cuisine.
- Discover the characters who live underground and make their living from opal mining in quirky Coober Pedy.
- Take in sunset at the picturesque Breakaways.
- Journey through the open outback to Uluru (Ayers Rock) and be transfixed by the changing colours of sunset and sunrise as they transform the iconic sandstone monolith and desert sky.
- Nearby the towering red domes of Kata Tjutawill impress.
- Experience magnificent sweeping views from the sandstone cliffs of majestic Kings Canyon before wandering down into shady palm-filled crevices.
- At King’s Creek Station, visit a tiny Aboriginal community to learn about traditional medicine, try out dot painting and tuck into some bush tucker (incl).
- Drop in and visit the world’s largest open air classroom and the outback’s medical service, The Royal Flying Doctors (incl) while in Alice Springs.
- We’ve also included the Alice Springs Desert Park (incl) where you’ll learn all about the plants, animals and habitats of Central Australia.
- Spend a fun evening at the famous outback pub at Daly Waters with entertainment and a delicious beef ‘n barra dinner (incl).
- Soak in the natural thermal springs at Mataranka.
- Enjoy a morning cruise up the famous Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) (incl).
- Cruise through the lush wetlands and monsoon forest of the Mary River in our privately chartered boat for a sunset happy hour with nibbles and some croc-spotting! (incl).
- Take a magical dawn cruise at Yellow Water (incl), the most famous wetland in World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park, boasting abundant birdlife and big ‘salty’ crocs – a sight to remember! Aboriginal culture and rock art with a huge diversity of wildlife is all part of the Kakadu experience.
- Stay on a working cattle station and enjoy a 4WD Sunset Tour (incl).
- Visit breathtaking Litchfield National Park with its range of walks, swimming spots and giant termite mounds.
- We finish our tour in Darwin, former frontier outpost and now vibrant multi-cultural city which is steeped in WWII history (we suggest adding on an extra couple of days to see more of Darwin from a city hotel or keep your motorhome – must be pre-booked).
What Our Customers Say
Can’t think of enough words to describe the skills, warmth, friendliness of the tour guides – excellence extraordinaire! Thank you for an awesome experience – Loveday
It is obvious that excellence matters to Gallivanting Oz. Their advertising material raised our expectations and the experience exceeded them. This was in no small part due to our tour guides David and Jean – John & Daphne Marshall