Join us to travel through one of the most wild, remote and beautiful expanses of wilderness on earth. If World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park and the dramatic Kimberleys are on your bucket list, you’ll love this tour!
We’ll show you all the best spots, introduce you to the locals and we’ve packed in heaps of extras too – 4WD trips to the Bungle Bungle, Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek in the remote and rugged Kimberleys, into the magnificent Karijini National Park and a sunset tour on an outback cattle station. An indigenous guide will take you through the ancient Mimbi Caves. There’s boat cruises to get up close and personal with nature in Kakadu National Park, Monkey Mia and the outback wonder of Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge), a glass bottom boat at Coral Bay, sunset cruise at Argyle Dam and so much more!
You will experience the local characters, fun evenings around the campfire, magnificent and diverse scenery, encounter amazing wildlife and discover hidden gems that you would never otherwise get to see.
This trip has remarkable diversity and is one of Gallivanting Oz’s most popular.
- Explore the Kimberleyswith time in Broome, Derby and on boat and 4WD tours into wild and remote places such as Tunnel Creek, Windjana Gorge the Bungle Bungles and Geikie Gorge
- You’ll love the brilliant red gorges at Karijini National Park, WA
- The World Heritage listed Kakadu National Parkis everyone’s favourite and the dawn boat cruise in Yellow Water will ensure you see it at its best
- Other boat cruises included at Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge), NT and Monkey Mia, WA and the sunset cruise on Argyle Damis sure to impress!
- Departing from Perth head north along the stunning coastline and turquoise waters of WA stopping to explore The Pinnacles, Kalbarri National Park including Nature’s Window and the interesting coastal towns.
- Detour to Lesueur National Park for a spectacular wildflower display. See Hutt Lagoon, one of WA’s famous pink lakes!
- Enjoy a cruise at Monkey Mia to interact with amazing marine life including the dolphins and maybe even a Dugong! (incl)
- Visit the stromatolites (Earth’s oldest living organisms) at Hamelin Pool and Shell Beach made from billions of tiny white shells.
- Enjoy a campfire under starry skies at an outback cattle station.
- Spend time at the coral fringing Ningaloo Reef with a glass bottom boat and snorkelling experience as well as a boat cruise at Yardie Creek (incl) Plenty of time to relax and swim/snorkel in the Cape Range National Park
- We’ve included a tour of Karijini National Park (incl) so you can experience the spectacular deep red gorges, hidden away in this remote outback pocket and later, a fascinating tour of a gigantic Open Cut Iron Ore Mine (incl)
- Three nights in Broome to explore this stunning resort town, with a history as colourful as the landscape! This is free time, allowing you to choose your own adventure – explore town, take a sunset camel ride, indulge in a flight to the Horizontal Waterfall or a 4WD tour to stunning Cape Leveque. (Activity prices/details will be provided pre-tour, book early to avoid disappointment). As a trip to Broome wouldn’t be complete without enjoying a Kimberley sunset at world-famous Cable Beach, on the last night in Broome, we’ll take you to the perfect vantage point to enjoy it – complete with sundowners and gourmet nibbles (incl)
- Enjoy Derby and a 4WD day tour of Windjana Gorge andTunnel Creek (incl)
- Explore the ancient Mimbi Caves with a local Indigenous guide
- Take a boat cruise at Geikie Gorge (incl) and learn about the rich indigenous history and culture
- Everyone talks about the Bungle Bungle Range and you’ll be going there! Enjoy a full 4WD day trip (incl) for you to experience another jewel in the Kimberley crown. Some may also like to do a helicopter ride (not incl) for a different perspective.
- Be amazed by the ever changing landscape of Australia’s largest body of fresh water, Lake Argyle. You’ll enjoy a sunset tour which ends with ‘happy hour’ on the water (incl)
- Soak in the Thermal Springs at Mataranka before enjoying a morning cruise up the famous Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) (incl)
- Cruise through the lush wetlands and monsoon forest of the Mary River in our privately chartered boat for a sunset happy hour with nibbles and some croc-spotting! (incl)
- Take a magical dawn cruise at Yellow Water, the most famous wetland in World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park, boasting abundant birdlife and big ‘salty’ crocs – a sight to remember! Aboriginal culture and rock art with a huge diversity of wildlife is all part of the Kakadu experience. (cruise incl)
- Stay on a working cattle station and enjoy a 4WD Sunset Tour (incl)
- Visit breathtaking Litchfield National Park with its range of walks, swimming spots and giant termite mounds
- We finish our tour in Darwin, former frontier outpost and now vibrant multi-cultural city which is steeped in WWII history (we suggest adding on an extra couple of days to see more of Darwin from a city hotel or keep your motorhome – must be pre-booked
What Our Customers Say
Thank you very much for a very proficiently run tour – as travellers who hadn’t motorhomed previously, we put our faith in the tour guide (and the GPS), and you certainly didn’t let us down – we were full of confidence in you and bearing in mind that you were keeping an eye on all 14 vans whilst letting us have the freedom to roam, you always had answers to any problem and you were never fazed about our issues. It was a great time with a great crowd, and we will be back for more. – Judy and Dave, NZ
Outstanding organisation. All tour leaders A++ and enhance the trip. Incredible attention to detail.
A huge thank you to you all for a lovely break. Liz, NZ