2018 TOUR SOLD OUT.
We will be releasing new tour dates later this year. Download our tour details above and get in touch with us now to receive our Early Bird Discount!
Experience iconic National Parks like the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park and Litchfield National Parks. Explore the ‘must do’ Queensland Outback with its charming people, brilliant red colours and a sky that reaches all the way to the horizon.
See an incredible array of native wildlife. Visit mining towns. Discover World Heritage listed National Parks and spectacular ancient gorges. Enjoy 4WD adventures and lots of boat trips. Marvel at Aboriginal rock art and learn about Indigenous culture. Experience local characters, wonderful adventures and fun evenings around the campfire. Be blown away by stunning and diverse scenery as you discover all of the highlights and hidden gems on this amazing trip across Australia!
This trip has remarkable diversity and is one of Gallivanting Oz’s favourite routes.
- We start our tour in Darwin, where you can learn more about WWII historyand experience this vibrant multi-cultural city (we suggest adding on an extra couple of days prior to see more of Darwin City from a city hotel or picking up your motorhome earlier).
- Visit breathtaking Litchfield National Parkwith its multitude of short and longer walks, swimming spots and giant termite mounds.
- Stay on a working cattle station in the NT with a 4WD Sunset Tour.
- Take a magical dawn cruise at Yellow Water, the most famous wetland in World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park, boasting abundant birdlife and big ‘salty’ crocs – a sight to remember! Aboriginal culture and rock art with a huge diversity of wildlife is all part of the Kakadu experience. (cruise incl).
- Cruise through the lush wetlands and monsoon forest of the Mary River in our privately chartered boat for a sunset happy hour with nibbles and some croc-spotting! (incl).
- Enjoy a morning cruise up the famous Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) (cruise incl).
- Soak in the natural Thermal Springs at Mataranka.
- Spend a fun evening at the famous outback pub at Daly Waters with entertainment and a delicious beef ‘n barra dinner (incl).
- Learn more about the droving era at the Camooweal Drovers Camp.
- Mining town, Mt Isa will come alive with a visit into the award winning Hard Times Underground Mine (incl) and tour of an underground hospital (incl).
- Learn about the famed and spooky Min Min Lights at Boulia (entrance incl).
- Enjoy a meal with some real outback characters at the most remote pub in Queensland, The Middleton Hotel, former Cobb & Co staging post and remnant of a bygone era (incl).
- Experience Winton, a quirky outback town including a visit to the Dinosaur Experience (incl).
- You’ll love the award winning Stockman’s Hall of Fame at Longreach, which will give you an understanding of the rich history of the outback life (entry incl).
- Jump on board a Cobb & Co Stagecoach (incl) for a gallop along part of the old mail route to understand what it would have been like in the pioneer days.
- Visit Australia’s last remaining steam driven Woolscour at Blackall (incl) and see hot water coming straight out of the ground, followed by a scrumptious camp oven roast dinner (incl).
- Have a fun night at outback Queensland station, Bonus Downs. We’ve lined up a station tour (incl) which includes a visit to the ancient Ooline Trees located on this property.
What Our Customers Say
We found the whole tour a valuable experience in the outback. It provided an ‘across the board’ experience for us from very rustic camping to modern organised camping. A real adventure for the young at heart! – Sherry & Warwick Ward
We had a fantastic time. Thank you so much for organising everything perfectly. Things could not have gone more smoothly. Your personal involvement really gave us the confidence that we were in good hands and we would always have someone to contact if we were in trouble, which we never were! – Richard and Beverley Mogridge – UK