Join us on an unforgettable escorted motorhome holiday around Tasmania and discover the natural wonders and fascinating history of this remarkable island state. Setting off from the vibrant city of Hobart, we’ll take you to foodie paradise, Bruny Island, up into the spectacular inland mountains, lakes and waterfalls and across to the wild and remote west coast of Tasmania, home to the historical fishing port of Strahan and the World Heritage listed Gordon River system.
Travel by steam train through ancient rain forest, explore the pristine beauty of Cradle Mountain before meandering your way along the pretty north coast, where you’ll watch the little penguins coming ashore and scale The Nut. The magnificent east coast is a feast for the eyes and soul, boasting Freycinet National Park and picture-perfect Wine Glass Bay. All so different, all so beautiful.
Spend time discovering the convict history at Port Arthur, meet Tasmanian devils, wombats and other local wildlife and you’ll love sampling delicious local produce at a range of farms, hatcheries and beautifully situated vineyards as we circumnavigate this beautiful island.
- Take your motorhome on the ferry (incl) to Bruny Island where you’ll see pristine beaches, delicious local produce, remote coastline and wildlife in its natural habitat – maybe you’ll even spot a white wallaby!
- You’ll love the spectacular experience on the West Coast Wilderness Railway (incl) through rainforest and steep gorges as you’re spoilt with morning tea and a light lunch from your wilderness carriage.
- Experience pristine wilderness and the mighty Gordon River by boat (incl) which includes a mix of history and a visit to convict island, Sarah Island. Enjoy stunning scenery and have a wander around the ancient forests.
- Take a boat cruise (incl) around the Freycinet Peninsular to one of the world’s best beaches at Wineglass Bay. On the way see the rugged coastline and marvel at the wildlife before anchoring in the picturesque bay for your Tasmanian Ploughman’s lunch.
- Learn more about Tasmanian’s convict history – you’ll have an introductory guided tour of the Port Arthur site (incl) which includes a harbour cruise, plus there’s time for you to explore the historic buildings and learn more about the area at your leisure.
- Discover ‘the Nut’ at Stanley as you ride the chairlift (incl) to this interesting land formation for spectacular views.
- We’ve picked campgrounds (incl) that give a great experience as well as a place to stay – we’ve even found one where you’ll have the chance to see the little penguins come ashore.
- Plenty of time to explore Cradle Mountain National park, including the shuttle to the start of the walks. A large range of shorter and longer options to suit different abilities.
- Check out the famous ‘Wall in the Wilderness’(incl) and marvel at the intricate wood carving.
- Explore the Marakoopa Cave (incl) to see the underground rivers and Glow worms – caters for all levels of fitness.
- There’s loads of other inclusions like visiting a wildlife park to see the Tasmanian Devil and a chairlift ride at Cataract Gorge near Launceston, plus more…
- The tour starts and finishes in Hobart– there’s some time to explore the highlights, but you may like to book in extra days before or after the tour to explore this wonderful city properly.
What Our Customers Say
The pre-trip information and correspondence was excellent. The Tour Book, plus everything organised and pre-booked made for a great experience and the tour leaders were exceptional – Dave & Shirl Murray, Tasmania 2016 Escorted Tour
Excellent, helpful, caring Tour Leaders who spoiled us with heaps of little local treats along the way, much appreciated – Lynne & Keith Cheyne, Tasmania 2016 Escorted Tour