Watch our Tasmania highlight reel from our recently completed Escorted motorhome tour.
We’ve put together this great little video showing you the highlights of the November 2016 21-day Escorted Motorhome Tour around Tasmania! Grab yourself a cuppa, sit back and enjoy these highlights.
- Starting off in delightful Hobart, which has been voted as one of the world’s favourite cities, nestled in the foothills of the majestic Mount Wellington. Our Gallivanters set off on their way and began their amazing adventure.
- Heading south to Bruny Island, besides being a picturesque island of stunning countryside, forests and beaches, is also home to a mass of abundant local produce to sample such as whiskys and wines, cheeses and berry farms – all of which set the group’s taste buds into full action!
- On their way to Queenstown they weaved their way through hills, taking in spectacular lake views and watched the forest disappear and the landscape change into a ‘lunar landscape’, courtesy of the mining generation legacy.
- The group got to immerse themselves in the magnificence of Cradle Mountain, where every path rewards you with spectacular scenery, extraordinary biodiversity and an incredible range of landscapes.
- Arriving in Stanley there is one thing you can’t miss doing! Strap yourselves in and take a ride on the chairlift that takes you up ‘The Nut’ for some great views!
- Exploring a true slice of paradise at the Bay of Fires with the rocky outcrops and beautiful coastal paths. The pristine white beaches and crystal clear lagoons are just too inviting! And no one was complaining about the delicious oysters either!
- Motorhomes were moored and our Gallivanters got to enjoy breath-taking scenery and abundant wildlife on the Wineglass Bay
- Finally, the group immersed themselves in the rich history of Port Arthur – a place of real contrasts, with its dark and violent convict history and the peaceful rolling hills and dramatic windswept coastline of sheer cliffs and towering rocky outcrops.
- There was plenty of wildlife on this trip and our group even spotted a rare albino wallaby amongst many of the common wildlife usually spotted such as wombats, echidnas and quolls!
- The group stayed in some amazing and diverse campgrounds, some right on the beach and some high up in the mountains offering a great contrast of life in Tasmania.
Our tour group had such an amazing 21 days away touring the stunning countryside of Tasmania, each and every one of our Gallivanters had a fabulous time.
If you are interested in joining us on our 2017 tour, then you’ll need to get in quick – this tour closes in a couple of days. See this PDF for details. We will be running another tour in 2018 – please let us know of your interest and we’ll forward you details as soon as they are released.
Check out our vehicle options here too, as we’ll make sure you get the best deal to suit your travel requirements. Ultimately, get in touch with us and we can work with you to make sure you get the best deal for your motorhome hire.