This is the first of our two Brisbane to Darwin tours this year. See tour #2 if these dates don’t suit. Experience iconic National Parks like the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park and Litchfield National Parks. Explore the ‘must do’ Queensland Outback with its charming people, brilliant red colours and a sky that reaches all the way to the horizon.
See an incredible array of native wildlife. Visit mining towns. Discover World Heritage listed National Parks and spectacular ancient gorges. Enjoy loads of extras such as boat trips and entrance into many must see attractions including a thrilling stage coach ride! Marvel at Aboriginal rock art and learn about Indigenous culture. Experience local characters, wonderful adventures and fun evenings around the campfire. Be blown away by stunning and diverse scenery as you discover all of the highlights and hidden gems on this amazing trip across Australia!
This trip has remarkable diversity and is one of Gallivanting Oz’s favourite routes.
- Leaving sunny Brisbane head west to the ‘must-do’ Queensland Outback with its charming people, brilliant red colours and a sky that reaches all the way to the horizon
- Have a fun night at outback Queensland station, Bonus Downs. We’ve lined up a station tour (incl) which includes a visit to the ancient Ooline Trees located on this property.
- Visit Australia’s last remaining steam-driven Woolscour at Blackall (incl) and see hot water coming straight out of the ground, followed by a scrumptious camp oven roast dinner (incl).
- You’ll love the award-winning Stockman’s Hall of Fame at Longreach, which will give you an understanding of the rich history of the outback life (entry incl).
- Jump on board a Cobb & Co Stagecoach (incl) for a gallop along part of the old mail route to understand what it would have been like in the pioneer days.
- Experience Winton, a quirky outback town including a visit to the Dinosaur Experience (incl).
- Enjoy a meal with some real outback characters at the most remote pub in Queensland, The Middleton Hotel, former Cobb & Co staging post and remnant of a bygone era (incl).
- Learn about the famed and spooky Min Min Lights at Boulia (entrance incl).
- Mining town, Mt Isa will come alive with a visit into the award winning Hard Times Underground Mine (incl) and tour of an underground hospital (incl).
- Learn more about the droving era at the Camooweal Drovers Camp.
- Spend a fun evening at the famous outback pub at Daly Waters with entertainment and a delicious beef ‘n barra dinner (incl).
- Soak in the natural Thermal Springs at Mataranka.
- Enjoy a morning cruise up the famous Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) (cruise incl).
- Take a magical dawn cruise at Yellow Water, the most famous wetland in World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park, boasting abundant birdlife and big ‘salty’ crocs – a sight to remember! Aboriginal culture and rock art with a huge diversity of wildlife is all part of the Kakadu experience. (cruise incl).
- Cruise through the lush wetlands and monsoon forest of the Mary River in our privately chartered boat for a sunset happy hour with nibbles and some croc-spotting! (incl).
- Enjoy dinner at the historic Mt Bundy Station around the campfire
- Visit breathtaking Litchfield National Park with its multitude of short and longer walks, swimming spots and giant termite mounds.
- We finish our tour in Darwin, former frontier outpost and now vibrant multi-cultural city which is steeped in WWII history (we suggest adding on an extra couple of days to see more of Darwin from a city hotel or keep your motorhome – must be pre-booked)
- To start and finish our amazing tours on a high, we include dinner on these night plus have regular group meals/happy hours along the way
Detailed travel notes, maps and driving instructions provided. While this is an escorted tour we encourage you to explore at your own pace during the day with the support of our tour escorts close at hand. You’ll love the camaraderie of our small group tours (max 8 motorhomes) with plenty of flexibility and inclusions, it’s no wonder we continually receive rave reviews. At Gallivanting Oz, we know it’s the small details that make all the difference.
What Our Customers Say
Exceeded expectations beyond my wildest dreams, loved every second of it – Bruz & Shona MacGregor, 2018 Darwin to Brisbane Escorted Tour
We have absolutely enjoyed our Gallivanting experience and marvell at the slick organisation. We experienced so many unexpected activities which, if we tried to put together, wouldn’t have happened. Dave and Jean have been wonderful tour guides – Ed & Juliet Cooke, 2018 Darwin to Brisbane Escorted Tour