If the dramatic Kimberleys, are on your bucket list, you’ll love this tour.
Experience iconic National Parks like the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park and Litchfield National Park.
So many extras packed into this tour with a 4WD trip to the Bungle Bungles, Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek in the remote and rugged Kimberleys as well as Karijini National Park. You’ve got loads of boat cruises to get up close and personal with nature in the Kakadu NP, Katherine Gorge, glass bottom boat at Coral Bay, sunset cruise at Argyle Dam plus more!
You will experience the local characters, fun evenings around the campfire, stunning and diverse scenery and discover hidden gems that you would not otherwise get to see and do.
This trip has remarkable diversity and is one of Gallivanting Oz’s most popular.
- Experience the resort town of Broome
- Explore the Kimberleys with time in Broome, Derby, the Tunnel Creek and Windjana Gorge 4WD tour, the Bungle Bungles 4WD tour, Geike Gorge Boat Cruise and learn more about the Aboriginal culture in the Mimbi Caves
- You’ll love the brilliant red gorges at Karijini National Park, WA
- The World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park is everyone’s favourite – the dawn boat cruise in Yellow Water will ensure you see it at its best
- Other boat cruises included at Katherine Gorge, NT and Monkey Mia, WA
- Sunset on Argyle Dam is sure to impress on the cruise
- Darwin is where you can learn more about WWII history and experience this vibrant multi-cultural city (we suggest adding on an extra couple of days at the start of your holiday to see more of Darwin City from a city hotel or getting your camper early; subject to availability)
- Stay on a working cattle station in the NT with a 4WD Sunset Tour, and first night BBQ bash (incl)
- Visit Litchfield National Park with its range of walks, swimming spots and giant termite mounds
- Check out the Jumping Crocs (incl) and beautiful wetlands that will be teeming with birds at this time of the year
- World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park – You’ll enjoy a dawn cruise at Yellow Waters in Kakadu’s most famous wetland, with the big salty crocs being a sight to remember and the abundant birdlife. Aboriginal culture and rock art along with a variety of wildlife is all part of the Kakadu experience. (cruise incl)
- Enjoy a morning cruise up the famous Katherine Gorge (cruise incl)
- Soak in the Thermal Springs at Mataranka
- Be amazed by the ever changing landscape of Australia’s largest body of fresh water, Lake Argyle. You’ll enjoy a sunset cruise which ends with ‘happy hour’ on the water. (incl)
- Everyone talks about the Bungle Bungles and you’ll be going there! We’ve organised a full 4WD day trip for you to experience another jewel in the Kimberley crown. Some may also like to do a helicopter ride (not incl) for a different perspective. We’d suggest pre-booking this with us to avoid disappointment if this is on your bucket list.
- Enjoy a boat cruise at the Geike Gorge (incl)
- Explore Derby and a 4WD day tour of Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- Three nights in Broome to have plenty of time to experience this popular resort town. Please note we don’t include the any attractions in Broome as a large variety of flights, 4WD trips, camels and Pearl Farm Tours which don’t necessarily appeal to all. The cost for flights, including the #1 Pick the Horizontal Waterfall is costly and not for everyone. We’ll provide separate details on the Broome attractions and would highly suggest we pre-book this for you to avoid disappointment. We feel this gives you the greatest flexibility and value for money – there are plenty of free and low cost ways to explore and learn about the history/culture of Broome, which we let you know about. Sundowns at Cable Beach are included.
- We’ve included Karijini National Park tour so you can see the beauty of these deep red gorges that are hidden away on an unsealed road, plus check out the iron ore mining in this area (incl)
- Spend time at the world’s largest coral fringing reef, the Ningaloo Reef with a glass bottom boat and snorkelling experience as well as a boat cruise at Yardie Creek (incl). Plenty of time to relax and swim/snorkel in the Cape Range National Park
- Enjoy a cruise at Monkey Mia to see a Pearl Farm and wildlife spotting including the sponge dolphin and the maybe even a Dugong! (incl)
- Before arriving in Perth head north along the stunning coastline and turquoise waters of WA stopping to explore the wildflowers, Kalbarri National Park, the Pinnacles and the interesting coastal towns
What Our Customers Say
‘Exceeding the customers expectations’ is their motto and they certainly lived up to it. The Gallivanting Oz team are amazing! – Mike & Lynn Duffy
A well organised tour. Plenty to see and do and all the days were full but still had time to relax & enjoy the company of the group. The tour leaders are very helpful & provide lots of nice treats! – The ‘Bolds’