In August this year, one of our escorted motorhome tours travelled 7,000 km along the diverse and beautiful route from Darwin to Perth and we have the highlights here to show you!
Starting up at the tropical and lush top end, they travelled through small yet significant inland townships on the way, explored the spectacular Kimberley region and onto the picture postcard turquoise coastline of WA.
Grab yourself a comfy spot, sit back and enjoy the highlights of our 35-day escorted tour from Darwin to Perth and see for yourself the stunning scenery on offer!
Having met their fellow comrades at the Darwin depot, they set off on their expedition and travelled through some of the most beautiful sights and scenery in Australia. These were just some of the spots they visited:
- Just down the road from Darwin they stopped at Litchfield National Park to discover ginormous magnetic termite mounds, beautiful waterfalls among monsoon rain forests, and other historical sights
- Enjoyed a sunset at a historical cattle station
- Cruising along the Arnhem Highway our Gallivanters were privy to incredible wildlife and scenery at Window on the Wetlands and Fogg Dam
- Staying at the heritage listed Kakadu National Park, our tour went out to explore Ubirr – and witnessed spectacular views across the wetlands and this place is also a significant spot for Aboriginal history with lots of rock art
- Our Gallivanters went on some stunning dawn boat cruises on Yellow Water Billabong and also at Katherine Gorge which are truly spectacular! We can only say you have to be there to really experience the atmosphere and listening to the sounds of nature as it wakes up with the dawn, it’s a sight and sound to remember that’s for sure!
- After nearly a week on the road, our Gallivanters were able to soak away any weary bones in the stunning natural hot springs at Mataranka before they made their way over to the Western Australia border
- Enjoying a sunset cruise on Lake Argyle our tour group got to enjoy a refreshing swim and a happy hour with a difference!
- Heading into the spectacular East Kimberleys and watching the diverse scenery unfold before our eyes was the magnificent Bungle Bungles
- Heading back out towards the coastline our Gallivanters reached Derby and immersed themselves in Indigenous art at this colourful town, as well as hop on a stunning 4WD day tour of Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- They also made a 3 night stop in Broome to explore this stunning resort town
- Then on to discovering another a gem hidden away in a remote outback pocket stopping off at Karijini National Park our Gallivanters explored these spectacular deep red gorges
- Oh wow, picture postcard Ningaloo reef made quite a few memories for the tour after exploring these crystal clear blue waters on a glass bottom boat
- Finally heading in to the last week of their holiday, our escorted tour group made their way down the western coastline of Australia, enjoying a cruise at Monkey Mia, before detouring off to Lesueur National Park to witness beautiful wildflowers in bloom!
- Our last few days were spent heading into Perth and exploring the many worthy sights around this Metropolitan city before making oour Gallivanters made their way back to the depot to return what had been their home for their 35 day adventure!
This tour really takes in the best of this route and we pride ourselves on being able to pass on our years of experience to you!