Join us to watch this video and discover for yourself the wonderful world of the Northern Territory and Western Australia!
This journey will take you along through the tropical and lush top end, through small yet significant inland townships on the way through the spectacular Kimberley region and onto the stunning and picturesque coastline of WA.
This video shares the highlights of our 35-day escorted tour from Darwin to Perth and shows you some of the scenery on this magnificent route!
Having gathered at the depot and meeting their fellow comrades, they set off on their expedition and travelled through some of the most beautiful sights and scenery in Australia. These were just some of the spots they visited:
- A visit to Litchfield National Park and discovered beautiful waterfalls among monsoon rain forests, ginormous magnetic termite mounds and other historical sights
- 4WD drive at sunset at a historical cattle station with WWII history
- Cruising along Arnhem Highway our Gallivanters were privy to incredible wildlife and scenery at Window on the Wetlands and Fogg Dam, got their hearts racing where they got up close to crocs leaping out of the water for their food!
- Heading into the heritage listed Kakadu National Park, we trekked out to Ubirr – with spectacular views and a significant spot for Aboriginal history
- Our Gallivanters were treated to a few stunning dawn boat cruises, which we can only say you have to be there to really experience the atmosphere and hearing nature wake up with the dawn, it’s a sight and sound to remember that’s for sure!
- Having been on the road for the best part of a week, our comrades got to soak away their weary bones in the natural hot springs at Mataranka before making their way west towards Western Australia border
- Over the border and we stopped off at Lake Argyle and enjoyed a sunset cruise and a refreshing swim and happy hour with a twist!
- Oh wow – heading into East Kimberleys and experiencing the amazing Bungle Bungles and watching the diverse scenery unfold before our eyes was magnificent
- Reaching what we would call civilisation along the coastline, we hit Derby and got to immerse ourselves in Indigenous art at this colourful town, as well as hop on a stunning 4WD day tour of Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- Further on we got to enjoy 3 nights in Broome and explore this stunning resort town
- Another of our highlights is stopping off at Karijini National Park and exploring these spectacular deep red gorges – a real gem hidden away in a remote outback pocket!
- Cruising along on a glass bottom boat on the Ningaloo Reef – crystal clear waters and picture postcard white beaches
- Finishing off our journey down the western coastline of Australia, enjoying a cruise at Monkey Mia and interacting with Dolphins, detouring off to Lesueur National Park to witness beautiful wildflowers in bloom!
- Our last few days were spent heading into Perth and exploring the many worthy sight seeing areas around this Metropolitan city before making their way to return their motorhomes to the depot.
This tour really takes in the best of this route and we pride ourselves on being able to pass on our years of experience to you!
If you are looking for motorhome hire for 2018, check out our vehicle options here and get in touch to see what deals we can get you!