Recently we had another group of Gallivanters join us on an escorted tour from Perth to Darwin.
Their 35-day escorted motorhome tour from Perth to Darwin took them to some of the most amazing sights Australia has to offer such as the Pinnacles in Nambung National Park, dolphin feeding at Monkey Mia, hot soaks in natural thermal springs at Mataranka and stunning aboriginal rock art at Ubirr to name but a few!
Check out our tour highlights here to see for yourself what amazing adventures our gallivanters got up to.
In June, 7 motorhomes joined our tour leaders and explored north from Perth. Heading north they explored the coastline and picturesque turquoise waters and revelled in the delights of Western Australia’s stunning scenery
- Exploring Nambung National Park, they walked amongst the ancient desert sculptures of the Pinnacles
- They explored Kalbarri National Park and marvelled at the the gorges and formations carved by the Murchison River such as Natures Window
- Cruising up along a portion of WA’s 12,500 km coastline they saw some of the world best known beaches and interesting coastal towns
- When they were in Monkey Mia they enjoyed an eco-cruise with dolphin and dugong spotting in Shark Bay
- More boat cruises were enjoyed at Ningaloo Reef – the world’s largest coral fringing reef as well as an eco-boat cruise at Yardie Creek
- They went on a special 4WD day trip in Karijini National Park where they experienced the deep red gorges – only accessible in a 4WD
- For three days they immersed themselves in the romantic pearling history town and cultural city of Broome
- They experience another thrilling 4WD day tour this time at Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- When travelling through West Kimberley a boat cruise in the iconic Geikie Gorge is a must
- Another jewel in the crown is the Bungle Bungles where our Gallivanters got to enjoy a 4WD day tour of this amazing place
- Just before crossing the border into the Northern Territory the group got to cool off and enjoyed a sunset cruise and fun times out on the waters of Lake Argyle
- After being on the road for 4 weeks they made full use of the fantastic Mataranka thermal pools
- They took a boat cruise to explore the sandstone country of Nitmiluk National Park and the famous Katherine Gorge
- There’s no better way to start the day than on a dawn cruise at World Heritage listed National Park at Kakadu through the glistening early morning waters on Yellow Water Billabong. They discovered that the area is abundant with Aboriginal culture and rock art along with its amazing wildlife – making Kakadu National Park an incredible experience
- They then finished up their last couple of days with another fabulous boat cruise on the magnificent Mary River, before staying on a NT cattle station
- Finishing up the Perth to Darwin escorted motorhome tour they got to experience several stunning waterfalls that cascade into crystal clear pools at Litchfield National Park
After a little more than a month on the road our Gallivanters bid a farewell to what were their homes for the past month and their newfound friends and went home feeling enriched and enamoured in what this glorious country has to offer.
If you are keen to join us on one of our escorted motorhome tours, take a look at what we have running next year here and get in touch to receive more details on them. Alternatively if you would like to create your own itinerary and plan your own trip, check out our motorhome home hire here.