From the tropical and lush Top End to the stunning aqua blue waters and red rock of Western Australia.
Check out our video highlights of this amazing 20 day tag along tour from Darwin to Broome we completed in July earlier this year.
12 Gallivanters joined us on a tag along escorted motorhome tour, starting from Darwin on a beautiful mid winters morning in June. They set off on a 20-day journey across the northern western tip of Australia, making their way across to Broome after having experienced some of the most amazing sights and experiences along the way.
This video here shows our highlights of this tour, so make yourself comfortable and see for yourself the wonders of this route!
Having met their fellow travellers in Darwin, our Gallivanters set off on their expedition and highlights of their journey encompassed the following:
- Visit to Litchfield National Park with its numerous waterfalls, mix of monsoon rainforests, interesting magnetic termite mounds and historical sites
- Picturesque sunset 4WD tour around a historical cattle station
- Visit to Window on the Wetlands and Fogg Dam where they got to see some amazing wildlife
- Got their hearts racing with a Jumping Croc boat tour and saw up close the magnificent beasts that these prehistoric creatures are!
- Onwards to the heritage listed Kakadu National Park. No visit to this area is complete without a trip out to Ubirr and experiencing the magnificent views from here along with the infamous rock art
- There were spectacular dawn boat cruises that glided along the Yellow Water at Cooinda and down the road at Katherine Gorge
- After a nearly a week on the road, our Gallivanters endured a relaxing hot soak at the natural thermal hot springs at Mataranka before making their way west towards Western Australia
- Crossing the border, they got to experience a beautiful sunset cruise on Lake Argyle enjoying happy hour and a refreshing swim
- No trip this way is complete without heading into the East Kimberleys and experiencing the Bungle Bungles and what a magnificent sight they were!
- A second wonderful station stay experience which really showed us what life on the land is really like!
- Another spectacular boat cruise amongst the picturesque Geikie Gorge
- Reaching coastal civilisation in cultural Derby they could immerse themselves in authentic indigenous art and take time out to check out some of the many art galleries here
- Moving onwards to Windjana Gorge National Park and a day tour exploring this 375-million-year-old Devonian Reef
- Finally ending up their spectacular 20-day tour in Broome – where the world was their oyster – quite literally, in this pearling town!
If you are thinking of heading out on an amazing adventure across Australia and are looking for motorhome hire, then check out our vehicle options here.
Alternatively, get in touch with us and we’ll check out our latehttps://www.gallivantingoz.com.au/travel-blog/darwst offers and make sure you are matched with the best vehicle to suit your needs for you journey of a lifetime!